Friday 25 May 2012

Paulus The Gnome

Paulus was originally a Dutch Newspaper comic strip and also book character created by Jean DulieuPaulus the Woodgnome was broadcast in the UK from 1967 to 1968 and was narrated in the UK by Arther Lowe. The story of Paulus is this, Paulus is the keeper of the wood and is assisted by all his animal friends. Out to get him is Eucalypta the witch. Thats it really story wise. I remember watching this on what must have been re-runs in the 70s. And I can tell you now that Eucalypta the witch scared the hell out of me. In hindsight of course Eucalypta the witch does not look that scary, in fact she just looks like a character out of the Muppets. But to me at the time as the intro song said "she's out to get you" I am sure she was, and still is.

No comments:

Post a Comment