Friday 4 November 2011

Discarded Photos, Mid-Century Book Design

Recently found this wonderful site VadeRetro, EarthGirl. Its full of wonderful found photos and images from 1950s 60s and 70s America. Also some very good childrens books. Here's some text from the site. My name is Anne, and my other tumblr is @judithsmutler. I only post original scans - if you see it here, I own it. The images I post were salvaged from being discarded by archives, bought at flea markets and estate sales, found, or inherited. Sometimes I will post interesting family photos, but generally the images are of people I have never met, and will never meet. I also post interesting books and ephemera and whatever else I find. Everything is high-res (or at least higher resolution than is evident at first), so it is worth clicking on them to see the better version.
Definitely worth a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment