Saturday 24 January 2015

Edgar Froese 1944 - 2015

Very sad to hear that Tangerine Dream founder Edgar Froese has passed away.
If it was not for the music of Edgar Froese and Tangerine Dream (at the hight of punk I had copies of Stratosfear and Ricochet, tucked away safely in the not punk box of records) I would never have heard of or listened to Kraftwerk, Can, Neu! Cluster etc.
Froese's Aqua is a fav of mine, NGC 891 is a massive track, if you have 14 mins spare do have a listen. I was very lucky to have seen Tangerine Dream on the UK Cyclone and Force Majeure tours (my friend and I did look slightly out of place though)  but I can not really remember to much about it apart from very large Synths and lasers. So with all that said I will now go and listen to NGC 891 once more. I really think you should as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment