Wednesday 8 February 2012

Sam the Record Man

On a visit to Toronto a  few years ago I was a bit sad to see that Sam the Record Man on Yonge and Gould had closed. Over the years I have visited Toronto many times, and on these visits would always pop into Sam the Record Man for a Coffee and a Browse. Sam the Record Man closed in June 2007. The Iconic neon record signs were lit for the last time in October 2008. I only recently found this photo and movie I took of the shop front. You can just make out the large neon records of Sam's lit up towards the middle of the movie. For more images and info on Sam the Record Man and Toronto things, check out the Lost Toronto Blog.

2 comments:

  1. Keith, I love the rooftop photo! Great view of the entire store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taken from a balcony in The Delta Chelsea Hotel.

    ReplyDelete